Sunday, January 10, 2021

do what you want, just dont ride a bike without a light...

 

howdy! I hope this finds you well and warm wherever you are. It’s a cold, wet—snowy in some places—Sunday here in east Texas, and I am cuddling a sweet three year old as I type this. 😍 

I hope you enjoy this next installment of the posts; I think we’ve almost caught up, but I’ll wait until I have my computer to confirm that suspicion. Enjoy the day—man is made for the Sabbath.


~sarah


hallo alle! 

 
so it is 143 pm, i am awake and in the computer lab on campus, which is a 20 minute walk from home, so maybe ill use the bike afterall...
 
today is 7 januar and i woke up late again.  not as late as last time (thank goodness!) but i was about 05 (whoop) minutes late.  booo....i didnt sleep well last night, so hopefully that will work itself out soon. 
 
it gets dark here super early, and i think that i might not need my sunglasses the whole time!  gosh!  haha, probably ill need them after a few weeks, but its weird to have not had to wear them.  i went american on my clothes today since i woke up too late to shower and hadnt had any <<real>> clothes to wear.  jeans, a tshirt and sweatshirt and my jacket which is almost too hot...
 
as for the subject line, that is what this guy, lars, says to us.  <<you can drink in the street, you can take drugs (whoa!) in the street, but just dont right a bike without a light or the police will stop you.>>
 
i start school on monday, so i really need to get my act together by then and start waking up on time.  i dont know how the other students wake up in time to get stuff done, as some of them stay out later than i do!  its crazy to me, but i wish i could do it.  ha
 
i feel a little more at home here since i got to hang out with some americans last night, and am loving the fact that im from texas SOOOO much!  last night i was at a pub and the girl had james avery jewlelry (schmuck..(shmook)), and it turns out that she went to a year of high school at clear lake...how weird is that?  oh, and shes a methodist (thomas) but doesnt go to church at school very often, which seems to be the case around here...
 
i had a beer last night and it was good, paulaner dunkel hefeweizen...i liked it okay.  so at another pub, i had a milkshake and so you think american milkshake...no, this was definitely milk, with chocolate in it, shaken up.  ahahahaha...i can hardly believe that.  so that was funny to me. 
 
today i think i might go buy a cell phone and so if'n i do, yall gots ta call me, even if its expensive...ahaha, just kidding but incoming calls are free for me, i think.  ill let yall know all the gory details later...
 
from what i can tell, if you want to mail me stuff, esp packages, the address is:
 
Universität Lüneburg
USAC
c/o Sarah Smith
Scharnhorstr. 1/ 8.9
21335 Lüneburg
Germany
 
and ill see if i can get mail at my apt...i think i told yall yesterday where i live in town, but i dont remember, so you getta hear it again!  hahaha...
 
i live at Lindenstraße 22, which is close to the innenstadt (town center) and across the street from the theatre where there a live plays.  its a nice location for nightlife and church, but i think i would have fared better closer to the campus, what with me waking up late all the time...
 
maybe ill write more on monday...we cant get into the computer lab on sundays...BUT if someone wants to get me a laptop by way of buying one or making one (mark charles or mason...or really anyone who knows how) to send to me, i have wireless access in my room, and that would be super wonderful great!  and i would, of course, pay you.  i just dont have the lots of money to but a notebook outright...you understand yes?  ahaha!  i just figured out why typing the () is so difficult for me...theyre above the 8 & 9, not the 9 & 0...good to know, good to know...
 
well, im outties, and yall needa write me soon!
 
later days!  love!
°sarah

No comments: